Yes, you can eat between meals, and even a late night bite without having to feel bad. In fact, it's one of the best ways to slim down. Of course you still have to make healthy and nutritious choices. Healthy snacking will help avoid those energy slumps, and improve your weight-control efforts. Eating smaller amounts throughout the day will give you a metabolic boost, which helps burn extra calories per day. Jackpot, right?! I have a couple of favorite delicious and very nutritious snacks that I highly recommend to those that want to give their not so active metabolism a little pick-me-upper, let me know which ones you like, or if you have any others that you can add.*
• 1 or 2 brown rice cakes w/ 1 Tbs of almond butter or natural peanut butter
• A small banana and a serving of pistachios
• A bag of baked apple or pear chips
• Cucumber wheels topped with 1/2 cup mixture of pesto and nonfat Greek yogurt
• 1 celery stick cut into 2inch pieces and filled with natural peanut butter
• 1 plain flavored Chobani Greek yogurt with a handful of sliced almonds and dried cherries
Your snack should contain the right mix of nutrients (combo of complex carbs and protein) and it shouldn't be more than 300 calories.