So spring is here and summer will be here before you know it. Do you want to whiten your teeth for those brighter days that lay ahead? Well, I came across a great and effective home whitening product that I've been using for the past couple of weeks, and I have to share it with all of you.
Now, let me start by saying that an in-office whitening procedure is hands down always the best in regards to timing and results. If you want to achieve fast, efficient, and longer lasting results, than I recommend you consult a dentist about their in-office whitening. Having said this, if for whatever reason you still can not go and get your teeth professionally whitened, don't worry, there are some good over-the-counter (OTC) products that can give you a brighter smile at a very affordable price.
Colgate's Optic White -toothbrush plus built-in whitening pen is one of those OTC home whitening products that gives great results without putting a big dent in your pocket. I must say, at first I was a little reluctant to try it because I'm always nervous about getting tooth sensitivity, and a lot of OTC home whitening products tend to do this. I started using this product for the last few weeks and have not had any negative side effects with it. Therefore, I would highly recommend it to those that are looking for an affordable and convenient way of whitening their teeth at home. I give it two thumbs up in my book!
* Affordable (about $14)
* Pretty quick results (3 days for me)
* Little to No Tooth Sensitivity
Instructions on how I used it:
1. Brush in the morning after you've had breakfast for 2 minutes with Colgate's Optic White tooth paste in a soft circular motion.
2. Rinse vigorously for 1 minute with Colgate's Optic White Whiteseal rinse.
3. Apply a thin layer of the whitening paste from the built-in pen to the front of your upper and lower teeth. (Tip: I did one twist for the upper teeth and one twist for the lower teeth, and I did not use it on my molars because I do not show those teeth when I smile, but you can if you want).
4. Spit out any of the excess whitening paste that may have rubbed off onto your tongue and lips.
5. Do not eat/drink for 30 minutes.
6. Repeat this process at night before going to bed. (Tip: For best results you should do this 2 times a day).
You can get this wonderful product at Target, Walmart, CVS, and I've seen it online on certain websites, although I do recommend buying it from a store, because the chemicals/ingredients may change through the packaging, handling, and shipping process.
Well if you decide to give it a try, please let me know what you think, or if you have any questions just post them below.